• frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smart meter with a 3 phase supply

I was wondering if somebody can help. My house has a 3 phase supply. Would a smart meter work with such a supply, or would it only work on a single phase? Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Same question here. Also, would you advise getting downgraded from a 3 phase to a single phase system? I've heard that it's possible?

• Hi SamTheMan! Unfortunately, we're only able to fit single phase smart meters at the moment. Please note that smart meters are not compulsory, so if you are thinking about switching to Eversmart you still can - we just wouldn't fit a smart meter.

As for downgrading to a single phase supply - you would need to consult a professional electrician or electrical engineer.

We've published an article that you might find useful that covers some other common questions about smart meters - see https://www.eversmartenergy.co.uk/blog/what-is-a-smart-meter-and-how-do-they-work/